Friday, July 22, 2011

The Sweet Sound of Employment

*Ca-Ching*

I received my first direct deposit from my new job at Gander Mtn. Base Camp today and the "sound" couldn't have been sweeter. We are so fortunate that Derick obtained a full-time teaching job this year and that I was able to rebound quickly and regain full-time employment in just over one month! Though we are going to be on a pretty solid budget, it will be nice to be able to put a little money away for, say, a vacation sometime in the next year, year and a half. It will be nice to just have a little extra money to put away, go out and play, or throw at some of our debt that is still looming over us.

The past week at work has been pretty insane - planning and then helping execute the annual "Summit" meeting. It is basically a meeting where all of the store managers and District managers all get together to train and hear different educational pieces from the vendors we sell in our stores. After this hectic-crazy week, being back in the office will almost seem boring! After spending time with some of the store managers the past few days, I have really come to realize that I work with some pretty amazing people. There was not one person from that crowd that I was unhappy about or who gave off a bad vibe. Everyone, and I really mean everyone was nice, sincere and there for a greater purpose. It is great to be in the company of these people after the more recent roller-coaster of employment has taken me the past few months.

I actually had 1/2 day and today off from work since working with the Summit meeting, I was putting in some 12, or 13 hour days! So that has been nice to have a nice, long start to my weekend to get some of the more routine and "un-fun" household chores out of the way. Today I have done the usual Friday laundry, cleaned the bathroom upstairs, changed the bed sheets, dusted a little, yada, yada. I also got to get outside a little and re-pot some of my indoor and outdoor plants. Some of which I had really been neglecting.

Wildflower Mix from Texas





I can't believe how much this one has grown!



-LD

No comments: