Before I started my new job, my mom, sister and I decided to head to Stillwater, MN for a nice day of walking around historic downtown, perusing, and, of course, the antiquing experience. I am not really a fan of the whole antiquing process, nor collecting them. I really get a kick out of walking through antique shops though and seeing just what they have in there. I can usually handle going through one really well and spending time in there, but more than that makes me a little crazy...Here are a few pics from the antique shops we visited. Of which, I think there were four.
 |
| I really liked this old cabinet with lettered drawers! |
 |
| I really liked these glasses! My grandma had some almost like this! |
 |
| This hat and dress were so pretty! |
I did end up purchasing two things, one clear, orange polkadotted glass and an original Fiestaware cup and saucer!!
The day was really fun. It got pretty hot by the end of the day, so that was a little unpleasant, but that meant that we got to get ice cream! I like that area down there a lot. I think the next time I am down that way I am going to walk the bridge and walk down by the water. That bridge is really old, but very neat.
-LD
1 comment:
That's an old library card catalog! The drawers are so narrow and long, I don't know what it could be used for now. Maybe a super cool jewelry box if you re-fitted the insides with some soft fabric. Super cute.
Post a Comment