Hmm.
You know how you can be completely OBSESSED with a TV show when the current season is on, but then once the season ends, it falls completely off your TV radar?! I was just thinking about all of the TV shows that I watch over the course of a week. I actually made a list...
Mondays
7pm How I Met Your Mother
Tuesdays
7pm Glee
8pm Raising Hope (did not always watch, but it was entertaining when I did catch it)
9pm Parenthood (Usually caught-up with this one on Hulu Plus after it was on)
Wednesdays
8pm Modern Family
Thurdays
7pm Big Bang Theory
7pm Community (also would watch this online after the fact)
8pm The Office
9pm Outsourced
But at one point, there were two other shows included in this list - Project Runway and Top Chef.
Project Runway has pretty much fallen off the radar of the majority of people...I am not sure they are even done casting for the next season (season 9) of this show yet! And Top Chef - they just kept running season to season, almost back-to-back and I lost track, and frankly, lost interest! I guess it didn't help that they kept picking people there for awhile who I HATED. I am talking to YOU Marcel Vigneron, Hung Huynh, Michael Voltaggio andKevin Sbraga!(ok, I didn't mind the last one so much, but I just thought that someone else should have
won over him)
I think the attitudes and the mannerisms of the "winners" of these shows also need to be taken into
consideration. I know, I know, I am diving into some Pandora's Box territory here, but come on, you
were all thinking it when that contestant you did not like won the end of the show - any show not just
Top Chef!
Not to mention a few of the Project Runway contestants that I was less than thrilled at the TV for
"winning:"
Irina Shabayeva (CANNOT believe that she won. The horror)
Gretchen Jones (CANNOT believe that she won. I was so angry-gag)
*deep breath* Okay, so I guess that was more in the moment of being angry at the contestants,
but that isn't really what this blog post was about - getting back on track, this was about how the
TV shows that you start watching, fall off the radar and then you have to somehow pick them back up
again just before the next season begins.
Now, for some, this is easy - if you watch a lot of TV. In actuality, Derick and I bumped back down
to basic cable, so we often have to Hulu our shows that we have missed.I don't really consider myself
to watch a lot of TV - because, even that list way up at the top of shows that I "watch" has some listed,
chances are that I only have time/make time to watch a few of them a week on any given week. After
missing the shows for awhile (like Parenthood, I noticed last night), I TV show binge, watching three or
four episodes at one time - I like watching this way better - the show makes more sense and you don't
usually miss some of the important stuff from show to show, and you don't have to wait a week between
watching shows!
No comments:
Post a Comment