So this weekend was pretty much one of the most fun and productive ones that Derick and I have spent at our house together!
Friday night we went to Target to get some last-minute groceries for Valentine's Day dinner we were having with my parents. I also made dessert for Sat. night - mini cheesecake bites! yum!
Saturday morning, my dad came over to help Derick finish up the garage project. It looks SO nice out there now! We have cabinets, a couple counters and more cabinets and shelving! That is one thing about living in a townhouse, there is very minimal storage space!
Saturday night, Derick and I cooked and cooked - steak and lobster tails, salad, cheddar garlic puffs (like the ones at Red Lobster) and baked potatoes! whew that was a lot of food! They came over, we ate, talked for awhile and then went upstairs to play Buzz Trivia! I think that they liked it...their first video game they played with us!
Sunday was pretty much the "projects around the house day!" We went to Fleet Farm to get some things to fix up the house, and we also ran back to Target to look at a few things. We got a really nice gray table that was 75% off (that we will use to put the large fish tank on). Lunch at Quiznos in Champlin, where I found out Ellen from camp works! We also ran up to Pet Smart to get fish filters and then next door to Office Max. I ran into an old friend from Junior High - CJ so that was really fun! we ended up making a big purchase that we had been waiting to get - a color laser printer and lots of paper! Then we ran to the hardware store to get spray paint for the table. After our errands and my "running into people" Derick goes, man, we really can't go anywhere that you DON'T know someone! haha. true...around here at least!
So when we got home, I set up the Target table in the garage and spray painted it black. I got that done, and then moved back into the house to get my potting soil and seeds started. I am SUCH a nerd! I love this part of gardening, planting things from seeds and then watching them grow and then transplanting them! I pretty much transplant plants many times once I get them! Derick even went on to say that when we move into an actual house in a few more years, he will make me a greenhouse! how cool would that be?!
Derick installed a new doorbell to our house - our first one never worked to begin with! weird, I know! And he also installed a couple lighted light switches in the house. He even set up the printer!
After all of that, we sat down to play NHL09 and BUZZ Trivia! I stomped some online players, which was pretty fun, and I scored all 3 of our goals in the hockey game, so at least I am good at that part of the game. I like to score and hit the other players...
Is it really the end of the weekend? They never seem to last long enough! Oh well. I am just glad that I have a job in this economic state!
No comments:
Post a Comment