Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fashion Sketches

I have recently noticed that I am constantly being drawn to fashion sketches. I received an email from myLifetime.com asking me to "come view the Project Runway Designers' takes on the Kate Middleton wedding dress!" I went there and found some good, bad and just plain ugly. Of all the photos on the site, The following were my favorite sketches, or my favorite dress, as noted in the captions below:

Althea Harper - like this sketch (and liked her as a contestant on PR)

Ben Chmura - liked the geometric feel of his sketch

Carmen Webber - Liked the sketch and the dress (minus the finger tassels)

Christopher Straub - one of my favorite PR designers (and native Minnesotan)

Daniel Franco - Love the picture, LOVE the dress!!

Irina Shabayeva - thought her sketch was interesting

Jason Troisi - one of the more "drawing/character sketches" I found

Joe Faris - This one made me laugh

Leanne Marshall - I love this picture! I could hang this in my house as artwork

Mondo Guerra - This one made me laugh as well - and I heart Mondo!

Shirin Askari - Liked the composition of the sketch

Wesley Nault - This one also made me giggle and think of retro advertisements for some reason


There are just so many different types and styles of fashion designer sketches out there. Some are really abstract while some are very realistic. Some are very proportionate while others seem to be dead-on. I just thought I would share one of my more recent enjoyments in the, I guess you could call it Design World!

LD

No comments: