...that I am going to follow-through on!
I have decided this weekend that this would be the week that I jump back on the feel-good bandwagon. this embraces all things physical health, mental health and spiritual health. I kick-ed off this notion last night as I pulled out the workout clothes from the dresser. Hello, old companions...
Jillian Michaels 30-day shred began.
After my workout last night, I got to thinking, hmm, since Derick wakes up and leaves a lot earlier than I do, I should get up when he does and try to work out every morning of the work week (unless there is going to be a strenuous activity - like an all day floorset). I think that Jillian was trying to get into my head because that sounded like a brilliant idea last night. This morning, however, came a bit too early for me, and I had just rolled over and had gotten re-comfortable when Derick came over and said, "Time to get up - time to work out." My initial response was less than thrilled, I can assure you. But I did it! I got up, put on the workout gear again, walked stiffly down the stairs (already feeling last night's workout in my legs) and hit play on the mini dvd player. Crap that woman is persistent and motivating! I did it to the best of my ability that morning - even added the 5lb weights in some parts of the workout again. Man - amazing how those can feel more like 25lbs when you haven't used them in awhile! Sheesh!
But all complaints aside, it helped me wake up a little - though I am not sure that I enjoy that method of being called to consciousness. I felt pretty good. Immediately after the last stretch ended, I hauled it back upstairs to shower and get ready for work. I must have had some extra energy already this morning because I showered, dried my hair, got dressed and ready, packed my lunch, and let Tucker our twice and STILL had time left over before I had to leave for work - about 15 minutes worth! wow!
I have also re-started taking more Vitamin D - as suggested by my doctors - and I want to try to drink more water throughout the day. I think that is where some of my problems have come from in the past - not getting enough water. I just forget during the day and then, before I know it, the day is over and I am home on the couch, or doing other things.
On the spiritual health side, I am going to make more of an effort to go back to church-searching. I feel like I need it back in my life and I have to go and do that. No more anything holding me back, no more waiting. Now is the time - ok, more like this Sunday and then after Thanksgiving weekend when we are away. I am going to see if some friends go to a good church, otherwise, out on my own again. I would love to find one that is reasonably close to me - I know that might be picky, but come on, the chance of finding a good one that is close isn't completely out of the realm of possibility, I don't think anyway. I still have a few that I can check out that are just about within the 10 mile range from my house still! Granted, I might not find it there, but why not give them a shot - they are close!?
I think that is all that I have for now! Just thought you deserved the update!
-L
No comments:
Post a Comment