Friday morning starts off one of the best times of year ever. Camp Needlepoint. Staff Training.
I will be busy packing tonight for my 3-day stint out at camp, assisting the camp director in training the new staff and the counselors in training. Friday morning it all begins, and I become the "camp mom" Friday night for all those staffers who are too far from home to drive back home that night and come back the next day. We usually end up staying out at camp, finishing up some things in the medical center, going out to dinner as group, coming back, showering and calling it a night. I might have them help me with putting together the staff "get to know us" board that night, so it is all ready to go. we'll see.
Saturday is day 2 of all-staff training and everyone comes with all of their belongings for the entire week or 2 weeks that they will be on staff at camp. That night, we all hang out, eat a lot of really bad junk food and then turn in for the insanity of the next day, which is camper check-in and arrival day!
Sunday, the campers, parents and, yes, sometimes pets, come to camp, check-in, move-in and the week begins! I usually end up collecting all of the camp store forms (Becky says it's because I look so trustworthy...). I hang around for awhile, checking in on cabins to see if I am needed. Most times I stay until dinner and then head home, other times I have stayed for the opening campfire and then call it a night. Only time will tell.
All I do know is that I am looking forward to it. The usual things happen, but then again, the new people and some new twists are always evident and keep things interesting. I get to see staff friends that I haven't seen or talked to in some time, so that is always fun to catch-up and see what they have been up to.
So- until later, happy trails!
No comments:
Post a Comment