Monday, November 23, 2009

Welcome to the Board...

Say hello to the newest member of the Board...of the townhouse association!

Derick and I went to the annual meeting of our townhouse association tonight. I am kind of glad that we did...they needed 10% of the people to be present that live in our townhomes and we made up for some of that! We also got to express a concern about snow removal and hear some behind-the-scenes things of our association that other people don't normally get to hear about. They are a funny group, but it will be fun. I am the new Secretary for the Douglas Commons Home Owners Association. The time commitment isn't much, so it should be pretty easy and just a chance to get to know some of the people that live a stone-throw away.

Tomorrow is FRIDAY! Or, at least for me it is! I took off Wednesday just to relax into the Thanksgiving weekend! I am so looking forward to it. I have nothing planned, have not looked into any sales for Black Friday and I think that is just alright with me! Although I wish that we had a little extra cash sitting around. I think it would be nice to have a couples massage day. We both need it, and it would be a nice break and something to do together. Ha that's funny...going out to do something. That is the crappy part about being an adult and having a lot of bills...owning a house...on and on and on it goes. I am just thankful to have a good job and able to pay the bills. Though very tight after that, we still are able to pull it together somehow!

So, Happy Turkey Day everyone! Be thankful for what you have (that is the moral for my story above!)

No comments: