I took the day off on Thursday and went with Derick (bright and early) to his nanny house to take the boys to Como Zoo for the day. We had a lot of fun! It was a good thing that the zoo wasn't bigger than it was ~ the boys got tired and distracted easily and were hungry every 5 minutes. But we made it through and with smiles on our faces when we got them back home! Success!
For our 1st married 4th of July, Derick and I decided to go out and get the rest of the items we need for successful camping ventures! Then, it was off to Amery, WI (at my parent's lake property) to take a dry run of camping - to see if all of our equipment worked and to make sure we didn't forget anything... oh we did...Ketchup, can opener and breakfast food... but I do have to say that hot dogs and s'mores make a pretty yummy breakfast! hehe.
On Friday night, we went over to my aunt and uncle's lake place just down the road and watched their "Lighting of the Lake" and their awesome fireworks! After that, we chatted for a bit. I was really surprised with how great Tucker did with all the fireworks! There were some "rocket bombs" that some neighbors down a couple cabins had that they decided to light off and scare everyone and Tucker just flinched a little with the rest of us! We got to test his newest gadget--shocking collar, so, needless to say, he is learning to listen more now and not disobey so much.
We decided to pack up our stuff and head back home later Saturday night so that we would be able to sleep in our own bed that night. Neither of us slept very good the night before, so we wanted to be rested before returning to work! Friday night while we were sleeping, there was a loon fight on the lake. No one else heard it - Derick slept right through it and my parents didn't hear it way up in their cabin, so the next morning everyone thought I was making it up! So between that, and the bullfrogs and Tucker roaming around on the rustly tent floor, it did not make for good sleeping conditions.
So we packed up all our stuff and stopped back into my aunt and uncle's cabin for dinner, as planned. We ate and chatted for awhile and then decided it was time to head for home. It was an interesting ride home with all of the fireworks going off allover the place! Kind of neat! I think all three of us were happy to be home! I know the shower sure felt good!
Well, there was a brief look into our 4th of July weekend! I will have to post more about "real life" later on!
-L
1 comment:
ugh...smores and hot dogs for breakfast...that's definitely camping though!
Post a Comment