Today marked the day of the NFL football draft. Derick and I decided last minute that we were going to have a little get together with anyone that wanted to come over. So we both got bitten by the cooking bug and cooked up a storm! We made a TON of food, or so our refrigerator seems to tell us... We made taco stuff, bacon dip, better than sex cake, pizza crockpot casserole and cold tuna ring salad! yum! As it turned out, Pete and Paul were the only ones who were able to come over, so here we are, with all this food! No worries, it will be made into lunches and dinners for the next couple of weeks!
Since not many people came over, and the draft couldn't really hold any ounce of my interest, I went into freelance work mode! I went to chat with my client and we finalized just about all of the details of her daughter's graduation party invite that I am designing and printing for her. So I got that all set to print, printed and cut them all to size. The last thing that I have to do is buy the envelopes Monday and then print her return address on them! THEN she said that she will have other projects lined up for me for the summer, so that will be nice! We decided that we will be trading service for service. My design expertise for her nail tech skills! My hands and feet look so pretty! Not so sure about the name of the color I chose though...Affair in Red Square...sounds pretty scandalous!
I dunno if it is just something that you notice more as you get older, but WOW are there a lot of freaking people just pregnant, pregnant or having babies that I know! When Paul came over tonight, we were talking and then Derick mentioned seeing a FB wall post about knowing the sex. So he wondered and Paul then confirmed. Yes they are pregnant and due Thanksgiving week! wow! They just got married in January, but good things happen to good people. And I was glad to hear that all things health wise seem great! I know that when Derick and I decide to have kids, it might be me with the child bearing issue. Diabetes and babies do not get along too great, and the way things have been going with my bloodsugars lately, I will either need to get on the pump soon, or just in general, things healthwise may not be so great down the road.
Well, I think it is time to clean out the office for a little while tonight. I may need a girls weekend soon because I have had too many boys around the house for awhile now! I mean, I can for sure be one of the guys, but it is nice just to hang with the girls too!
All for now,
L
1 comment:
I miss you! I am glad I found your blog so I can snoop through your life now!
Post a Comment